Although each one of us loves hot summer days, some bad weather days may happen at this time. Therefore, roof maintenance in this period is essential and as a homeowner, you have to take it into consideration. DNB Construction, LLC is a reputable roofing company in the roofing business since 2009 whose roofing technicians listed the most common roofing problems in late summer. Let’s take a look.
- Storm roof damage – Hail, winds, or heavy rain may bring severe damage to every roof. Although summer storms are short, they may have a serious impact on the roof. Some shingles may be missing or cracked, and water may be leaking through the roof into the house.
- Problems with shingles – High summer temperatures may dry out the shingles and cause them to crack. Also, shingles can detach and fall down. This can lead to problems with water leaking, mold, or other structural roof damage.
- Problems with moss – The moss on the roof can bring a lot of damage since it can grow between the roof shingles for a short time. Moss can trap moisture and cause a lot of damage. In this way, roofing materials can become moldy and weak.
- Moisture issues – If the level of moisture gets higher and there are high temperatures outside, the air in the house can be muggy. This is how moisture can quickly grow in the attic or rooms’ corners. Also, wooden furniture can be damaged and bring more unexpected costs.
- Problems with unwanted “guests” – Due to bad weather termites, mosquitoes, and rats may try to get into the house to find shelter. In case they make it inside your roof, they can cause a lot of damage to the roof, especially to wooden elements and shingles.
We are DNB Construction, LLC – a roofing company you can completely rely on to help you with all roof problems in the late summer. Our teams come on time, work as planned, and finish on time with a goal to help your roof last for many years. All you have to do is request a quote on our website or, if you prefer more, call us at 301 – 362 – 7663.