Re-roof or roof replacement – that is the most frequent question posed by homeowners. DNB Construction LLC team of skillful roofing professionals has explained the most important differences for you.
Facts about reroofing
For just one shingle-layer, reroofing is one correct option. Two layers of shingles, the pitch of your roof, or roofing materials are other things that may rule out reroofing. Also, if your roof has experienced severe water damage, missing shingles, or soggy ones, reroofing is not the best choice. To decide whether your roof needs it, contact the certified roofing company.
Facts about roof replacement
If you have problems with the roof deck, roof replacement is the real option for you. Also, if you have noticed holes under the roof that allow water to get into or drip into the walls, there may arise expensive damages. Roof replacement is a costly service, but the most effective one that saves your cash in the long run and prolongs the roof’s life for at least 20 years.
How much does re-roofing cost?
Namely, its costs may significantly vary, depending on the:
- roof materials
- roof accessibility
- job size
- house environment
- required equipment
NOTE: asphalt shingles are the cheapest whereas higher-end roofing shingles are the most expensive ones.
Also, the slope of your home has an impact on reroofing costs, and a 2-story home with a steep slope requires more labor and time for reroofing than a 1-story home with a low slope. So, the lower costs are with the lower slopes, and vice versa. Finally, if the truck with the roofing material can easily access your house and roof it will save both time and labor during the reroofing project.
How much does roof replacement cost?
- an average cost of roof replacement is higher than reroofing
- the extra work labor must remove all old shingles and prepare the deck for the new roof shingles installation
These activities may produce more time and costs as well.
How to choose what is the best for your roof?
- For small damages or leaks, start with the reroofing.
- For one shingle-layer and partial changes on your roof, opt for reroofing.
On the other hand, if your roof has undergone some severe damage, and has a lot of mold or mildew, call a professional roofing company to do the full roof replacement.
- Go for a certified roofing company whatever you decide to change with your roof. This company has a well-coordinated team of experienced roofers with proper work permits and you may sleep calmly in the long run. Most roofing firms guarantee a 10-year warranty on their work, so they are going to cover all possible roofing problems, leaking, or a complete failure.
We at DNB Construction LLC are on your side and know to evaluate your roof’s condition objectively. Call us at 301 – 362 – 7663, and be sure that your roof is in the best hands.