Despite all activities that you carried out to construct your roof to withstand the storm, a guarantee that your roofing won’t be damaged doesn’t exist. As soon as the storm finishes, it’s necessary to inspect your roof and search for all possible signs of storm damage. The next step is to find adequate remedies for the detected issues. In collaboration with DNB Construction LLC’s certified roofers, we have created this guide to help you combat storm damage efficiently.
Most common storm damage signs
- Discoloration and shingle granule loss – As an owner, you have to keep an eye out for any shingle discoloration. What is more, excessive granule deposits in the gutters are the result of storm damage.
- Blown-off or lifted roof shingles – Storms can impact the integrity of the shingles. Frequently, one or many roof shingles can be either lifted or blown off. That is why broken or missing shingles can be noticed on the roof or around the home.
- Damaged downspouts and gutters – Storms usually cause damage to the entire gutter system and gutters. This manifests as ripping them from the roof edge. Importantly, gutters can be clogged with loose debris after a storm.
- Visible gaps in roofing parts – Strong winds and storms can create gaps in the roof. This is extremely dangerous because of the leaks that can occur in the nearest future.
Storm damage – follow up
No matter if the storm damage is minor or major, the roof’s structure and its integrity can be affected. The fast and timely reaction helps to prevent and avoid more serious damage. Here is the list of steps that a homeowner can take to repair and protect the roof after the storm’s damage.
- Inspect your roof from the bottom to the top. It’s recommendable to get on a ladder to detect the damage and how serious it is.
- Take photos of the damage. With your digital camera or a phone document the damaged areas. Use this for the insurance claim.
- Find temporary solutions for the damaged elements and areas. If you don’t get immediate emergency repair services, temporary fixes may help.
- Give a call to your insurance company. Use the documentation and all possible evidence as soon as you get in touch with your insurance provider to document the storm damage on your roof. Always review your insurance policy before you submit the claim. Fill out an insurance claim for roof storm damage, but be ready that some kinds of damage aren’t covered.
- Find a professional roofing company. Only certified roofers are ready to help you fix all storm damage issues ASAP. What is more, their work is seen in the quality of the roofing materials and the lasting of the roofing system.
- Organize and schedule the roof storm damage repair. Be aware of the roof repair costs and the amount that insurance is covering. Start the procedure with the chosen roofing company.
DNB Construction LLC is there to help you if the structural integrity of your roof has been affected by storm damage. Contact these professional roofers when you notice that your roof has signs of damage. Schedule a consultation with experienced roofing technicians and have the roof restored right away. Call us at (301) 362-7663 or fill out our contact form to request a quote.