A leaky roof presents significant challenges for both owners and managers of commercial properties. It not only leads to numerous headaches but also results in extensive damage that can disrupt all business operations. Moreover, when faced with a roof leak in a commercial building, costly repairs become almost inevitable. At DNB Construction LLC, we place a strong emphasis on the critical importance of regular commercial roof maintenance and timely preventive measures.
Our team of experienced roofing engineers possesses the necessary knowledge and strategies to effectively identify and repair commercial roof leaks. In this article, we aim to provide you with essential guidance on recognizing potential signs of roof leaks. Furthermore, we will discuss the preventive measures that should be implemented to maintain a commercial roof in optimal condition. Lastly, we will outline the key steps to take when there is a suspicion of a leak.
In addition to these crucial insights, we will delve into various roofing techniques and specialized materials specifically designed for commercial buildings. This comprehensive exploration will provide you with an in-depth understanding of how to address commercial roof leakage issues thoroughly and effectively.
How to recognize leaks in your commercial building?
Dark stains on the ceiling or walls are a clear sign that there are problems with a roof leak. Plus, if a roof membrane has taken on a lumpy appearance or you notice an unexpected dripping inside the building, possible roof damage is present. What is more, if you get higher energy bills and detect a musty odor, there may be issues with the roof. Each one of these signs has to be taken seriously so that an immediate roof inspection needs to be initiated. Finally, roof repair procedures have to start to prevent more severe damage to commercial property.
- Dark stains are signs of a roof leak – Nobody should overlook strange black spots on the walls or ceiling. They are a clear sign that there are problems with the roof leaking. What is more, if ignored, these dark stains can get worse and lead to costly repairs.
- An uneven roof membrane is a bad sign – Serious roof damage is present if a roof membrane looks uneven or ‘lumpy’. It is usually a sign of trapped moisture somewhere inside the commercial roof.
- Dripping from inside – If you notice water trickling down the interior walls, it is a telltale sign of an unnoticed water problem.
- Higher energy bills – When your energy bills are higher than usual, it may be because of the roof leaks causing loss of cool air or heat.
- Strange odor – If there is a strange or ‘musty’ odor in your building, it is a sign of hidden dampness resulting from unnoticed moisture intrusion.
Ensuring the integrity of your commercial roof is a vital step in its maintenance. When you enlist the services of a professional roofer, you benefit from their extensive expertise in commercial roofing materials and their adept use of cutting-edge techniques for accurate diagnosis and repair. One such advanced method employed by these experts is infrared thermography, a technology that enables them to identify moisture trapped beneath the roof membrane. This precise detection process allows for the targeted repair and replacement of damaged sections, ensuring the longevity and effectiveness of your commercial roof. Call us at (301) 362-7663 or fill out our contact form to request a quote.