You are a proud owner of an exquisite house with a ravishing roof. For more than 15 years, it has been your protection against heavy rains, storms, hail, and icy weather. However, the clearly visible signs of its either minor or major defects are becoming more and more obvious. And, yes, you have started thinking about the roof replacement. The price of having a new roof above your head is not going to be small at all. The masters in the field, DNB Construction, got the idea to help you control roof replacement costs and pay for it roof less than you can imagine. Let’s go through their tips and tricks.
- Work alone on your roof. Of course, you can’t replace the roof by yourself, but you can get on the roof and remove roof parts before the roofing contractor arrives. Arrange and dispose of the old roofing material you collected on the roof. In case you are not afraid of height and have a stomach to begin with the roof replacement before the expert’s visit, this will for sure decrease entire expenses.
- Carefully choose the roofing material. All roofs are not the same. First of all, their sizes may vary as well as the materials you go for. Bigger roofs will need a greater amount of material and unquestionably incur more costs. When picking roofing material you have to take into consideration shingles, protective coatings, underlayment, flashing, and drip edge. The cheapest are asphalt shingles, whereas high-end products are tile, metal, and slate ones. Additionally, the industry development and modern times have brought on the market numerous kinds of all other above mentioned roof constructing materials, so be precautious when you purchase them since the price range may surprise you. Bear in mind that 100 square feet of the roofing material equal one so-called ‘roofing square’.
- Think twice about the professional roofing company. Not all roofing companies are trustworthy and certified. Search for those that are the most reliable according to their reputation and reviews. Your choice may vary the prices of the roof replacement to go up and down. Since the old roof has to be stripped off and the new one installed, this demands the roofers who really know their job and have adequate experience.
- Use the homeowners’ insurance. This type of insurance is going to cover roof damage that is not made by neglect. For instance, in case of broken or loose shingles because of the storm or downpour, the insurer will have to finance the replacement works partially or in total.
- Be wise when you opt for the time to have the roof replaced. Roof replacement is not a cheap activity at all. It may be rather costly during the in-season period which is from spring to fall. From 40%-50% of the entire roof replacement costs go on the workers. However, if you contact a professional roofing company in the off-season time, from winter to fall, you may get lower prices and some discounts. Moreover, your roof will be replaced faster because more workers will be on the team as they do not have a lot of other projects to work on.
It’s not easy at all to dip into your savings and start a complex and pricy process as a roof replacement may be. The real thing would be to get in touch with the roofing experts who can relieve your worries. We are DNB Construction, a certified roofing company ready to give you a helping hand, contact us at 301-362-7663.